Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lime Green, Black and White Chevron Quilt

When I saw this line of fabric, I fell in love with it!
No, it matches absolutely nothing in my house.
No, it's nowhere near my favorite color.
But, oh my, I'm loving this combo!

This is my second zig-zag (or chevron) quilt using this method.
I've always been intimidated by the chevron method using triangles.
I came across this technique using 3" strips (I use 2.5" strips if I'm making a baby
quilt).  Sew a strip of each together and then cut into squares.  Lay them alternating direction and they create a zig-zag pattern.





Click here for a baby-sized
grey and yellow chevron quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I keep saying my next one is going to be chevron... They always took so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I can't stand a chevron but I really like this one. I think because of the print. It lends a nice distraction from the screaming chevron I usually see. I need to make a baby quilt and this has given me some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete