Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Apple Cupcakes


My daughter's first grade class is incorporating apples into their lessons this week.
I happened upon this recipe for apple cupcakes in the Sept 19, 2011 issue of "Woman's World" magazine.  While mine aren't the perfectly formed "apples" in the photo, I'm lucky to serving these to a bunch of 6- and 7-year olds.  They're pretty easy to please!  :)
~~~
I won't reprint the whole recipe here, but what you do:
Bake white cupcakes in red liners (I found mine at JoAnn's...Wilton brand).  Color two containers of vanilaa frosting red.  Spread some frosting on the capcake.  Cut the bottom off of a Hostess mini-donut (I used chocolate) and place on top of the frosting.  Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.  Frost the top of the cupcake, covering the donut.  Sprinkle with red decorating sugar.  I made the stems out of a mini tootsie role.  Each mini tootsie roll will make four stems.  You can make the leaves out of green Starbursts ~  I used green apple sour straws, slitting them open on one side and then cutting to a leaf shape.  Enjoy!
~~~
Shared with:
Sew Woodsy
It's FUN to craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment