Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Three Simple Cards


With Father's Day just around the corner, I needed a few simple cards.
This card uses a craft-colored paper for the base, Stampin' Up! Whisper White for the die-cut background, the blue strip is new printed cardstock from Bassil (distressed on the edges), and the sentiment is stamped on the striped paper.

This stamp set from Stampin' Up! includes eight little stamps.  I've used it many times, and this is my favorite card style to make with it.  It's SO simple and so fast, yet I think it works!  The stamped image is cut out with a 1 1/4" square punch and then mounted on a "stamp" made with a Cuttlebug die.  I like to use the same color for the ink and the background "stamp."  So easy!

Sometimes,when I sit down to make cards, I spend a lot of time on each design.
Then, because I can't make just one, I get busy cutting, stamping and embossing all of the pieces and end up with an assembly line.  Other times, I just need some cards...fast!
I sat down last night and made four each of these three simple designs.  The first is
made using a wallet-sized photo printed at Costco (they so conveniently come in a set of four).
These are the perfect size to use on a card front, while still leaving room for a sentiment.
~~~
Shared with:

Running with Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment